I have to say it but these two seem rather obvious - firstly what is the
pretty girl doing on the ladder in the first place? (perhaps eloping
which is why it foretells marriage)

And obviously, falling from a ladder is damn bad luck!!

Liz
London, where the weather forecast is for 'muddled' weather tomorrow -
what on earth is that for a forecast - it's like saying 'we don't know'
- but who's partner is praying for snow

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 > To be on a ladder with a pretty girl is a good sign and foretells
 > matrimony.
 >
 > To fall from a ladder is an omen of ill luck and foretells loss of
money.