I have only just resubscribed and have come in on this "possie"  By one
definition I am a Possie, ie a naturalized Australian from England.

But my understandung of the owrd is that it is a "place"  ie that (pointing
to a seat) is my possie (pronounced pozzy)

Or when passing your house you might say "that is my possie"

Perhaps previous correspondence has presented this view, if eo I apologise.

I await my native born Aussies to correct me.