Elizabeth et al,

I have done these classic things too!

We lived in the North West of England, and the Head Office of ther Bank
where I worked was in Preston, quite a way from our little village but, the
Bank hierarchy had been so good to me when we adopted our baby daughter that
I said I would take her to see them.

I parked the car in the Bus Station carpark - right near the top! - and
*persuaded* two off-duty busdrivers to carry the pram complete with baby
down all the stairs.   We parted company, and I wended my way to the Bank.

On the way back, I accosted two more bus drivers, and they carried the
pram - again plus babe - up to the eighth floor, where my car was
conspicuous by its absence.   Panic set in - we carted the pram up one
floor, then down two, and still couldn't find the car.   I couldn't imagine
how I was going to get home when one of the chaps said "Are you sure it was
this car park?"  "Oh yes - its the bus station carpark." I said.   Then came
the revelation that there was another car park, exactly the same, on the
other side of the bus station.

So - gentlemen to the last, they hauled the pram back down to the ground
floor, and up to the eighth floor of the other car park - where my car was
sitting, patiently waiting for me.

Funnily enough, and not only because we moved from Lancashire shortly
afterwards, I didn't go to Preston very often after that!

Carol - now in Suffolk UK - flatter, but not anything like as dramatic and
wonderful scenery!