Tamara,

When I finally meet someone who tells me that they, or their family were in Central
Europe at the time I will shake their hands and tell them that they act as a light to
the nations.

They are the people I want to meet as they can help teach the rest of us from their
first hand knowledge why this should never be allowed to happen again.

Liz

In a message dated 3/3/2004 8:50:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > What were your parents doing?'
> >
> > It usually gets an apology at that point.
>
> One of these days you'll come across someone whose parents were the
> Central European  children who were either liberated from the
> concentration camps or permitted to leave whatever closet/hidden
> pantry/basement/attic/convent they were hidden in for 6 yrs, once the
> war was over.  Most of them were then resettled, because they didn't
> want to stay in a country where their memories were intolerable and
> because they had no one left to stay with. I'd be surprised if you got
> an apology from any of those, since they have nothing to
> apologise for,
> any more than you do for your mother's actions.

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see
what it's all about