Sharon, this sounds very much like a recipe I've seen in one of my books at home. Does
your friend have any Middle Eastern connections? I recall a kind of cookie made in a
mold (I think it had nuts in it but I'm not positive) that would melt in your mouth
because it was made with very high proportions of icing sugar and butter. I'll look
for the recipe when I get home.

Best wishes,

Avital