To all spiders with green thumbs

Does anyone know a website with good descriptions of lots of plants. We are
gradually getting the garden organised and I want to try some different
plants - things we didn't have before that I don't know much about - and
would like a bit more information about a few of them.

Thanks

Jenny Rees
Canberra Australia - where the tempertaures are finally out of the 30s ( 35+
every day was getting a little exhausting!) and are a very pleasant mid 20s