Thanks Jim,

It is that the tulip tree normally has yellow flowers that decides the matter. What we have here are magnolias and they are just starting to bloom. Lovely big blooms with petals fading from violet to white on the tips. The petals are big and waxy and if only they lasted longer I'd make clothes from them.

Heather
Abbotsford, BC