Thank you Jim for posting the url for the Tulip trees.  We planted one about 5 years
ago that is very tall and I have yet to see the flowers on the leaves.  Now I know
what they should look like.  The only other time I saw a Tulip tree was on a visit to
Germany when I noticed the shape of the leaves on the ground and realised it was the
same as the one we planted.  I have a Magnolia bush which the deer seem to like and I
am never sure when to prune it so I have just let it be so far.  Last year I had a few
flowers because the frost and deer did their worst.  I hope this spring the buds wait
a little longer to flower so that I can enjoy my investment.
Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, Illinois where it snowed yesterday, today and probably tomorrow but
luckily it is supposed to warm up by Saturday and hepefully melt it all away.