Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me out. Is it possible to pad out a dress makers
manequin? I may have to make a Deb(prom) dress for a very large girl soon
and Vera(my manequin) doesn't go anywhere near her size. Has anyone had any
experience with padding one out?

Cheers, Yvonne.

I've not actually done it, but it seems to me it would work to fit a muslin closely (no wearing ease) to the girl, sew it tight, put it over the mannequin and pad it till it filled in firmly.