Greetings,

Thank you to the people who replied and tried to help. I now know the name of the island I was told my lace cap came from. The next puzzle is that the caps shown on various webpages from that island have no similarity to my cap. I'm now on a quest of research of cap types to see if I can locate the area my cap is from. It could even be the next village to the one in the pictures. I imagine that this quest could keep me busy for several years. As I understand it, each village had a distinctive cap. The ones I've seen so far have been interesting and had lace on them. This will be a fun thing to search out.

Thanks for all the help!
Alice in Oregon