Hello, All,

Happy 9th birthday. Hard to believe I've been here since the first birthday.

One of my favourite authors is Angela Thirkell. She wrote in the era that Tamara mentioned - 30's- 60's, and was the granddaughter of Edward Burne-Jones, the pre-Raphaelite painter. Her books use characters and histories from Anthony Trollope and continue their stories in fictional Barsetshire. One of her characters is a writer and people say about her books "nothing ever happens in them and they are very nice." Which is also true of Thirkell's books. They are the English Country Life of Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers without the mysteries.

http://www.angelathirkell.org/ to find out more.

Heather
Abbotsford, BC
There are blue edges to the sky, but clouds overhead. Our new kitten is watching the birds out the window.