Yes, all,

I did phone David, but not in the middle of the night. He certainly didn't sound as Aussie as I expected, more like an Englishman who has lived in Australia for some time.

We had a nice talk about weather, climate change, David's summer holidays, time zones, forest fires, lace, old Arachnes, Tamara, linguistics, accents, and even more than that.

If I had used my regular telephone provider, it would have cost me just over $1CAD per minute but I used another long distance provider and it should only cost me $.25CAD per minute. At least it better! I won't find out until my bill comes in. $5 for a chance to talk to David was well worth it, I thought.

I like having the voice and the photo to go along with the letters from Arachnids. I 'hear' them when I read their writings. I have a picture of Bev Walker in my mind whenever she writes. And any others I have met or heard or of whom I have seen pictures. It just adds to the daily Arachne dose.

Well, my billy has boiled and I'm off to enjoy a 'nice cup of tea'.

Heather
Sunny Abbotsford, BC