Greetings,

I found a few minutes to catch up on some digests and came across the egg
shell discussion.  I thought I'd contribute, though I think the witches
using egg shells for boats makes more sense than the version I was taught.
 We were always told to make a hole in the bottom of the shell to stop
witches being able to see through it!  I'm not sure whether this
originated from my Mum's side of the family (she is from Suffolk) or my
Dad's (he was born in Norfolk and then moved to Cambridgeshire).  Being
the youngest in the family, this was just accepted by the time I was old
enough to ask.  Ah, the things one remembers when prompted :-)

Best wishes,

Helen ([EMAIL PROTECTED] in dull Vancouver, BC, on the west coast
of mainland Canada, and a long way from my Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire
roots ...)