It is more than just the odd shell found on building sites in Britain.
Unexploded bombs in a highly dangerous condition are not unknown and I'm sure the
same can be said of Continental countries.  I can remember reading, some time
ago, the amount of explosive found by chance and while I can't remember the
exact figure it was something like one incident per week but most are not
mentioned by the media.

And as for the quiet life in Lexington, Tamara, don't complain :-)  Like most
British citizens I have, in the past, been evacuated from the university,
theatre, bus stations etc because of bomb threats.  While bomb scares tended to
be empty threats (the real ones came with no warning) all had to be treated as
potentially dangerous.

Patricia in Wales