Tamara, Don't forget that Noelene is down here south of the Equator ... and we
know strange things happen here, like the bathwater going down the plug hole in
the opposite direction.    So, whilst  you're meditating, consider whether the
same would apply to the flip, flop of the cat/buttered bread....would the
cat/bread sandwich in the northern hemisphere go flop, flip instead of the
other way round, and would it have any effect on perpetual motion or not!!?????
(Extremely big grin!!)

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
"Tamara P. Duvall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:On Jun 4, 2004, at 2:56, W & N
Lafferty wrote:

> So if you strap a piece of bread, buttered side up, on a cat's back,
> and drop the cat from a height, then both the cat's feet and the
> buttered side of the bread will want to land first and hey presto,
> perpetual motion!

I think I'll spend the rest of the evening meditating... Are you a
genius? Am I a nut, because I find the idea most amusing? Flip, flop,
flip, flop... How big would the bread piece need to be to balance the
cat and keep the flip-flopping going? Would it be a matter of weight,
or of surface? And, how soon after being dropped (from what height?)
would the flip-flop "click in"?

http://au.movies.yahoo.com