Sue Babbs wrote:
"A revolutionary kind of glass that needs little cleaning could mean soap
and chamois are binned for good.
The Pilkington Activ glass has a special nano-scale - extremely thin -
coating of microcrystalline titanium oxide which reacts to daylight.
This reaction breaks down filth on the glass, with no need for detergent.
When water hits it, a hydrophilic effect is created, so water and dirt
slides off.

Sounds really nice, but I wonder how resistant it is to burglary and
children? It will probably cost you a packet to replace everytime it gets
broken :-)
Reminds me of that SF short story about the glass that retained images for
some time (and caused accidents when it was used in car windows as drivers
thought other vehicles were further away than they really were). Who
knows? It might be invented soon now?

http://au.movies.yahoo.com