In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Lynn Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Sorry, the Lemon Fresh Joy killing mosquitoes -- that's from someone who's
>been baking their brain in the sunny garden too long!

On the other hand, when we first had Chloe as a kitten, she had quite a
number of fleas on her. I combed them off, and dropped them into a cup
of water to which I had added a few drops of ordinary washing up liquid
(whichever supermarket brand of the time) - it killed them very
effectively, presumably as it removed any meniscus on the water that
they would have been able to stand on?

Lemon being citrus, and citronella candles being used as insect
repellents, I would have thought it would have put them off - normally
water attracts mosquitoes.
--
Jane Partridge