One of our TV shows is discussing 'soundbites' - the short, sometimes witty,
"memorable" things politicians say. One mentioned was John F Kennedy saying
"Ich bin ein Berliner", hopefully meaning "I am a Berliner", but what he
actually said was "I am a dougnut". Not speaking German, can any of you who
do tell me what he should have said - I gather it's got something to do with
the grammar or the real German word for a "Berliner", like a "Londoner".

Jean in Poole