Sjhirley wrote:
>I am posting this to chat as I don't think it belongs on Lace.
Here in Oz a Zuchini is just that, a Zuchini, I think they are called
Courgettes elswhere.
Having said that what is Elephant garlic??

Zucchinis and courgettes are just the Italian and French names for the
same vegetable. They can both grow to mammoth proportions if you miss them
on the plant or if you go on holidays for 1-2 weeks while they're growing,
then they look like the ones I used to see in England when IO was living
there and which they call "marrow". Too tough to cook quickly, they get
stewed or cut in thick slices, centre seeds scooped out and replaced by a
pork mince mixture, and baked in the oven. Yummy!
The Heinemann Australian dictionary very helfully says under "courgette: a
zucchini" :-) It is a little more helpful under "zucchini" and states that
it is a "small, edible marrow with a dark green skin and pale flesh"

Elephant garlic is shaped like normal garlic, but only have one bulb,
which means you have to use the whole bulb at once or cut part of it and
keep the rest moist until you want to use again. Not very practical,
IMHO.You can find it in some Melbourne grocers and supermarkets.

Helene, the froggy from Melbourne, still freezing under the sun.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com