On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:25:25 EDT, Liz wrote:
>It isn't something that we can police because let's face it, how do you
>remember who you've sold patterns to when you see them at a lace day - perhaps it
>was bought by a friend as a present - I've had that happen when I've given
>someone a lift to a lace fair.  (By the way, did you know that in the UK you
>aren't supposed to 'charge' someone petrol money to take them somewhere - that
>makes you a taxi and gives issue with your insurance but they can offer to fill up
>your petrol tank and pay for it - see, we have laws that go round in circles
>on other areas too!)
This was changed by British insurance companies some time back.  They got
together and changed the relevant clauses in all policies at the same time.
I think that it may have been around the time of the first oil crisis in the
70's, and the government pressured the insurance companies into doing it.

--
Another victim of Modem Addictus
Steph Peters, Manchester, England

Scanned by WinProxy