A nice clean joke for the list, for once!! I hope you haven't all read it
already...

"The medal winning Olympic runner, Picabo (pronounced Peek-A-Boo), is not
just an athlete, she is a nurse.
She currently works in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a large South
African metropolitan hospital. However, she is not permitted to answer
the telephone while she is at work.
It simply caused too much confusion when she answered the phone and
said: "Picabo, ICU"
A good clean story is hard to find these days."

Apart from that, I'd like to tell you that I gave myself a nice, expensive
present for my birthday, last week.
I was demonstrating at the Melbourne Stitches and Crafts Show on Saturday,
all day, and I finally bought that floor lamp and magnifier that I've been
drooling over for the last 2-3 years, the one with a circular light around
the magnifying glass, and a cover for the magnifier. As I grow older, my
eyesight definitely needs some enhancement!!The perfect excuse...
So I charged a few (:-)) more dollars to my credit card and carted away
several kilos worth of boxes on the suitcase trolley I had remembered to
bring (the base is the worst bit, the lamp itself is not very heavy), and
went back to our Australian Lace Guild stand to find that next to it was
another stand that sold different lamps and magnifiers, and probably one I
would have preferred, and a bit cheaper, too!...Isn't that life!! For
years, the other one was the only one I could see at shows, and the minute
I buy it, I see a better one!
Well, I was not game enough to go to the stand where I'd bought the lampo
and tell him I wanted a refund! The poor man had carted it for me from
Sydney specially
When do you think I can get myself the other one? Will DH have forgotten
my purchase next year? in 2 years' time?  Meanwhile, I'd better make some
lace....

Helene, the froggy from Melbourne, looking forward to a trip to Adelaide
at the end of the month, for the Australian Lace Guild AGM.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com