At 10:14 18/09/04 -0400, Tamara wrote:
>Congratulations, Yvonne; like you, I think it's amazing that a young
>man would ask parental permission before becoming engaged to your
>daughter.  Just becoming engaged seems to be a bit out of fashion these
>days'; you're lucky if they tell you the date of the wedding :)

My husband was rendered temporarily speechless when our future son-in-law
(nearly 35) 'phoned to ask permission to marry our daughter (31)!

I asked Ali if the proposal was romantic... "Not really," she said, "I was
half-way up a ladder at the time!"  (I should add that 'renovations' of old
houses are their favourite pastime!)

The wedding is in December – will I have time to finish the handkerchief?

Erica McLeod, in Hokitika, NZ, where we have had another reminder of winter
– my car had an inch of snow on it, at Lake Rotoiti, where we have just had
our annual "Top of the South" lace weekend...

Westland District Library
Hokitika, New Zealand
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit our website at http://www.minidata.co.nz/westlib