Jean in Poole writes:
We don't see the need for a phone that can take pictures, play games,
> download music, show football matches, etc - it's a phone for goodness
sake!

Well, you're right, it IS a phone, but it sure was a neat thing at IOLI
Convention.  More than once, someone in a class whipped out their phone, something
they were carrying anyway, to take a picture that could be proofed immediately
(and retaken, if necessary).  I seldom carry a camera, but often carry my
phone.  We use our phones often, as we work lots of overtime, and take road
trips, and are seldom home.  Indeed, we would dump our landline if we didn't have
this computer.  I think it all depends on your lifestyle.  And our young adult
son, who can't afford cable, has a cell phone (no house phone) that he
actually reads the news on.  Before you pooh-pooh that, I just have to say, at least
he is getting news.  I don't agree with much that he does, either!

Just my opinion, Margaret in PA, where it is becoming autumn