Dear Friends,
May I just thank everyone who got back to me about the lovely blue flower
we saw whilst on holiday in Southern France - it was "Morning Glory".
I gather it's a cousin of the Bindweed and just as rampant in the right
conditions :(

Here in Australian rural communities we rip them out by the truckloads and curse our forepeople who brought them here - along with heaps of other "lovely flowers" of course, e.g. gorse, blackberries, South African cape weed (great for making daisy chains); onion weed, mustard grass, fennel, South American mimosa with its impenetrable thorns.

There have been some very recent disasters up in our Northern Territory. In the 70s and 80s Mission grass, Calowpo (?spelling) and Gamba grass were brought in as cattle fodder. Now this stuff grows up to 10 feet high. It's now rampant over the whole of the Top End, but the irony is that the cattle didn't even like it and won't eat it!!!
Love
David in Ballarat

Regards to you all,

Ann McClean
in Llanmerewig, Mid-Wales, U.K.
CAWTHORN, SCOTT & DeSilva PALMER Family History Pages:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cawthorn/
"BookCrossing" - find a book, take it and read it, and then leave it
somewhere for someone else to find and read.  http://www.bookcrossing.com/