I picked this up from someone in Canada on a family history discussion group, but would apply to lacemakers too.
Unfortunately a couple of Secret pal packages have gone astray this round. I believe they all had some sort of return address on, but without one it is even less traceable.

Our local newspaper ran a story this morning saying that Canada Post will be
returning all incoming international mail that does not have the senders
name and address. They say that this is in accordance with some
international agreement. I have noticed that mail from England does not
usually have a sender's address on, so watch out for your Christmas cards,
they might not get delivered overseas.

Brenda Paternoster in Kent England Arachne Secret pal administrator www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/