Steph wrote:

>is with the Royal Bank of Scotland.  The cashier flatly refused to accept
>the cheque, and we nearly got to the point of me having to send a cheque
>from an account with a different bank, until the Canadian supplier finally
>managed to get someone at the bank's head office who knew that Scottish
>pounds are UK pounds.

oh my - poor wee teller hadn't seen a cheque from Scotland before ;)
Someone else in the branch (where the teller worked) should have been
consulted (but that's none of my nevermind)

>It could have been worse - I used to have an account
>with another of the UK's 4 largest high street banks: The Hong Kong and
>Shanghai Banking Corporation!

LOL - although we *do* have  HSBC in Canada, no worries there (can't
speak for the wee teller though)

and Lynn wrote:

>Well some of you Canadians, you must have a great bank.  I still have my
>Royal Bank Visa account and transfer monies in Canadian currency from my
>Australian account.  Not only do I get charged here for the transfer, I also

Yes, transfers cost $  :(
If it's a bill you're paying, they will want funds in CAD I should
think.
Straight deposits in foreign currencies seem to have no strings
attached.

bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (money-mouthing on the west coast of Canada)