Here is a nice poem I discovered - stuck on a wall at a Community Centre, where I did a 2 day lace demonstration a couple of weekends ago. It is by "Anon."!! Many (most) will relate to it - just change Quilt to Lace and ...........!!) It takes a bit of space, I am afraid, as I can't get it back into single spaced lines. It was sent to me in double spaced, and I can't change it. Sorry.

MY QUILT

My neighbour is washing her windows

And scrubbing and washing her floors,

But my home is all topsy turvy

With dust behind all of the doors.

My neighbour she keeps her house spotless.

She goes round all day at a trot,

But no one would know in a fortnight

If she swept it today or did not.

The task I am at is enticing.

My neighbour is worn to a rag.

I am making a quilt out of pieces

I have stowed in a pretty chintz bag.

And the quilt I know my descendants

Will display with great pride in their heart

"So lovely. My Grandmother made it,"

An example of patience and art.

But will her grandchildren remember

Her struggle with dirt and decay?

They will not - they will wish she had made them

A Quilt like I'm making today.

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,