Lynn wrote:
> Take 600 ml of pure cream (please don't ask conversions I don't know,
probably a pint)whip it up, then add one can sweetened condensed milk (you
can use the skim), just make sure you don't beat it into butter
then flavourings, then chuck it in a suitable size container and freeze.
Easy as that.

My French friend's mother used to make icecream in one of those old type
ice cube container where the inside came off. She left that off, of
course, and used, I think, cream and condensed milk, like Peter, and fresh
strawberries pulped in a blender. It just went into the freezer and got
stirred a few times. It was beautiful, but I can get those metal
containers anymore, they're all plastic now, and the inside stays where it
is. Maybe I could try icecream cubes?

My mother makes a tapioca sort of mousse which I guarantee you would all
love! It's got eggs, milk and brandied fruit in it, and I can't remember
what else. I also have her recipe buried somewhere...I'll have to wait
until I retire, though, all those things take too much time to make, and
too little time to eat...as well as too many calories to put on :-)

Helene, the verrry hungry froggy from Melbourne. Just cold meats and salad
for dinner, alas...

http://au.movies.yahoo.com