Guys,

Just want to say thanks to all the nice people who were so kind to the Aussie
at his very first lace fair.

He didn't believe me about the stampeding hoards of lace makers and how you
get really bad bruises in your ribs from their elbows but after the initial
rush had died down and he got to chat to some of the suppliers he found the
whole
thing really interesting.

However, towards the end (I think it might have something to do with the cup
of coffee you could disolve teaspoons in from the lady down on the fair's
floor) Annette and I stuck him in a corner with all our purchases as we
wandered
back an forth with the things we had bought.

Must admit too, that the fact the Aussie offered to drive Annette and I there
in his new company car was an added bonus - my heater has gone west in my KA
- and the Merc is rather lush.

Plans are now afoot for the NEC

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back blogging my latest lace piece - have a look by clicking on the link
or going to http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee