Tamara P. Duvall a décidé d' écrire à  Ò[lace] Re: Lace Makers LampsÓ.
[2004/11/22 07:18]

> I've been waiting and waiting, for someone who was there to chime in,
> but after 48hrs, I sit up and beg... :)

sorry ... i didn't look at my mail for about that long .... VBG

> A different gathering entirely - an IOLI (I think) Convention somewhere
> (I wasn't there)... The electricity failed, someone brought out a
> *make-shift* lacemaker's lamp (a bowl filled with water, illuminated,
> from behind, by a candle? flashlight?) and it worked just fine, if
> one's to believe the reports...

I tried a makeshift lace maker's lamp with a decanter filled with water
and a candle behind it : there was a square of somewhat flickering light
falling on the pillow and enabling one to work . i guess a bigger globe
would have given more light  ...

and old photographs show  stools with a candle in the middle and glass
globes full of water around it .. the stool had holes dug in it in which
the globes were set . .. and the lace makers were sitting around it.

just my two cents

dominique from Paris, france .