Gidday Nicky and all,

<<Anyway my question is the lady bought some bobbins in a shop there
Criterion
<<Drapery Stores, Sovereign Hill, and very nice they are to, but she has no
<<idea who made them, the lad in the shop didn't even know what they were so
<<little disc attached by wire through the spangling hole with what looks
like
<<a crown logo on it.

I also have some of these and yes David will know who made them - can't
remember but he did tell me when I bought mine at Sovereign Hill.  The
little spangle attachment thingy is actually supposed to be a replica of a
goldpanning pan (metal plate basically) and the logo is a gold mine poppet
head (the tower structure that sticks out of the ground above a mine - don't
know the technical stuff about it!).  Sovereign Hill is a replica gold
mining village and well worth a visit if you are in Victoria on hols - it is
about an hour's drive West of Melbourne.  If you do go there in Winter
though take lots of warm clothes as it is absolutely freezing!

Michelle
an Aussie living in Suriname