I found out the hard way that I'm very allergic to stinging nettles. When we lived in Nebraska the house we bought had a little spot fenced off for a garden. It hadn't been tended for a long time, though, and was very overgrown with weeds. I started to clean it up and was pulling the weeds with no gloves, of course. I grabbed a handful of nettles and my hand swelled up like a puffer fish. It took most of the day for the swelling to go down. After that, I used my gloves :D

Jenny Barron wrote:

Weronika said
"I've also heard getting stung by nettles is actually healthy (may be completely
false), so people might have used them for that too. Although it's a very bad
idea now, especially when they grow next to roads and such - they accumulate all
sorts of nasty stuff."

I think it's used for arthritis but it's still fairly early in my Sunday morning so I could be misremembering that

jenny barron

Scotland

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]