In a message dated 18/12/2004 18:59:24 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> >No wonder it wasn't in your dictionaries!  Mine says that moly is
> >a mythical
> >herb with a black root and milk-white flowers that Hermes gave to
> >Odysseus.

Just listened to a program on the internet from Radio 4 that I only caught
the end bit of when I was driving a week ago.

It was a history of Little Richard's songs and I was taken back by the fact
that Good Golly Miss Molly was using slang which was in common usage in the UK
in the 1640s - a molly or moly was a male prostitute and I was interested that
the spelling for a moly from the 1640s was the same as the moly in these
emails.

Well, it's back to sleep for me and my flu!

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back blogging my latest lace piece - have a look by clicking on the link
or going to http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee