At 04:25 PM 12/20/2004, you wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:29:41 -0000, Jean wrote:
> As part of our tightened security
>since 9/11 passports have to be produced for internal air travel here...
I think you have been given only part of the story here Jean.  I took a
flight from Manchester to Southampton about 10 days ago.  What is required
is a form of ID with a photo.  .

I have had to produce photo ID for years here in the USA when flying. Our driver's licenses have a photo, so that's the most used ID. People who don't drive can get an ID card from the Dept of Motor Vehicles with a picture -- it just doesn't allow one to drive but is legal photo ID.

Alice in Oregon -- where our internet server is being sold but supposedly all our emails can remain the same. If I disappear from the web, that might be why.