Weronika,

In the case of my 5-year-old, it was out of parental frustration.
Last winter she couldn't put on the gloves by herself.  It would
take several minutes for me to get each of her fingers into a
separate finger hole.  She'd leave them on for a few minutes
and then pull them off until she got cold again.  Then I'd get to
start the finger stuffing procedure all over again.  The little
gloves were so cute, but the mittens were just so much easier for me
to deal with.

Lisa Thompson in Dallas, Texas