At 10:20 AM 12/23/04 +1100, Shirley wrote:

> Martha  aparently uses ' sticks of butter '
> does anyone know what that would weigh in grams.

A "stick" is a quarter pound of butter.
(They slice the pound print lengthwise.)
Having just purchased a pound of butter for Christmas baking, I can tell you
that the package says "4 sticks, 16 oz., 1 lb., 453 g."

So a stick is a little over a hundred grams.

--
Joy Beeson
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/