Christmas in Florida is a real treat!  We don’t see much snow, but it
did snow here about 20 years ago!  Even so, we hope every year we will
get to see some.  People start putting lights on their houses in
November.  We love driving around and looking at the lights, especially
with a cup of Peppermint Mocha coffee!  There are more lights this year
than I’ve seen in a long time.  I guess we are all just relieved to be
rid of hurricanes for a little while.
Our own Christmas celebrations will center around the things that mean
the most to us, Christ and our family.  We are very active in our
church, and the calendar is full of things going on there.  It’s an
exciting time and we don’t like to miss anything!  My husband and I met
at our church, and both families are actively involved, so no matter
what is going on it’s very likely that someone from our family is part
of it.  The music is wonderful (over 200 people in our choir, and a full
orchestra as well!).  You can hear it for yourself if you check out the
website at www.fbcjax.com <http://www.fbcjax.com/>   We actually have
our church services live over the internet.
Our family get-togethers start on Christmas Eve.  My husband’s side of
the family (37 of us) meet at his brother’s church for their Christmas
Eve candlelight service.  His brother is the pastor.  Afterwards, we all
go to my husband’s parents house for a snack supper and dessert.  My
father-in-law reads the Christmas story from Luke (sometimes from
Matthew) and even the smallest great grandchild listens quietly (or at
least sits quietly).  Then we exchange gifts – no more quiet!  My
father-in-law just turned 80 and these times together with him are
becoming more special each year.
Christmas Day we get together with my side of the family!  This year we
will have about 15 of us at our house for dinner, ages from one due next
spring to 74!  We will have lots of food and wonderful memories when
it’s all over.  We also usually invite others to come and share the meal
with us who might not have plans of their own.  This year is no
exception.
So, that’s it for us.  Hope your Christmas will be wonderful and
memorable.
We are hoping for snow.
Debbie in Florida