>         I was talking to a lady in Tasmania last night on the ham radio and
> she said that snow had been forecast for the Tasmania Highlands  -  go
> figure, it's supposed to be *summer*!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Shirley (and Helen),
We didn't actually get snow in Cooma, but it did snow up in the nearby
Snowy Mountains - couple of centimetres, I hear.

It was soooo cold and windy yesterday, I invited over a lacemaking friend
and we spent the day by the fire, chatting and making lace, and polishing
off the last of the Christmas chocolates - get them out of temptation's
way before New Year Resolutions!

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/