I can hardly believe my eyes when I see and read about this disaster - even
more so when my recently widowed sister-in-law & her 3 sons narrowly missed
going to Phuket in Thailand for Christmas - they couldn't get a booking so
went to Dubai instead - thank God.

I dread to think what the news would have been if she had gone to Phuket.

Having lived through the crisis that prompted the original Band Aid record
[we were in Sudan for 5 years in the early 1980s and No. 2 son was born
there in 1982] and seeing at 1st hand how international aid can work, may
I ask everyone to contribute to the relief effort, however small - we have
already made our donations online last night.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/

Still reeling from some of the images on last night's news bulletins.

Regards,  Ann McClean
in Llanmerewig, Mid-Wales, U.K.