From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Pauline
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:07 AM
To: Arachne Lace; Arachne Lace
Subject: [lace-chat] Thailand

Dear friends,

I have had some good news, my cousin a priest spending Christmas in
Thailand
is safe, I finally found out today, likewise a nephew who lives there,
but
was Home in England for Christmas, so also safe, but a couple, one a
lace
friend and her husband are not due home until 31st. so I have no way of
knowing if they are safe, they left early December to spend Christmas in
Thailand.

I also received more bad news as well as the husband of a friend who
died on
the 23rd. close friends of mine in this country, the husband died on
Christmas morning, it is always heartbreaking to hear, but more so at
this
time of year.

I have E-mailed Sulochona to see if she is okay, but unsure if she has a
laptop, I know she was taking her lace with her.

As Jean Nathan said we cannot complain about the coverage of the
disaster in
England, SKY is on 24 hours, with phone numbers etc; for any help
families
may need, though the lines were over loaded initially with people also
trying to find out about their holiday bookings as well, but I think
they
said they have got the number down to 600 calls per hour of enquiries of
people, giving a separate number for holidays I assume. Also along the
bottom of the screen, SKY have run text messages, from holiday makers
saying
they are safe, which I am sure has been a comfort to friends whom are
worrying.

How tragic for Lord Attenborough The film maker/director and his wife,
lose their daughter and 15 year old granddaughter, and the daughter's
M.I.L,
words cannot convey the sadness when half a family is lost, we can only
pray
for them, and for the lucky ones to have survived, and help personally
financially however small, where we can, there are phone lines set up
for
donations already. If anyone requires the telephone number to donate by
credit card it is Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC).0870 60 60 900 in
the
UK of course, and by E-mail it is www.dec.org.uk.

Pauline in Somerset SW England