Hi Leeann,

for recipes with unsalted butter, I generally cut down the amount of salt
added / not add any - depending on what the recipe asks for in terms of
amount of salt and amount of butter.  I can't say by exactly how much each
time - but I've never had any problems with this.  The only time I would use
unsalted butter is where a recipe has no salt added.

Hope this helps, Karen in Coventry