Hi Tamara,

I would guess that it was probably a coincidence.  I've been burned
by this, not by Travelocity, but by booking directly on the airline's
site.  We checked prices on Travelocity, found the best fare, went
to American's website to reserve our seats, planning to call all the
travelers that night and ticket it the next day.  When we went to
actually ticket the flight *one day later*, each seat had gone up over
$150.  We went back to Travelocity and all the airlines had raised
their prices, not just American.  Moral of the story: if you get a good
price, try to ticket your flight the same day!  If you read the fine
print, the reservation holds a seat on the flight for you only, but not
the fare that's shown on the reservation, as we found out the hard way.

FYI: Travelocity shows flight price but doesn't include the taxes which
can be $100 or more, which is why we usually go directly to the
airlines site to see what we're really going to pay per ticket.  It
does pretty well at finding the cheapest flight, especially if you're
flexible in your travel dates, and will even list options like
splitting your flight between two airlines which are hard to research
manually.

Lisa Thompson in Dallas, Texas USA