I was rather amused by the incidents that Jean and Jacquie describe in  which
engineers make art. Is there some principle that says that engineers can't
make art? It is generally agreed that one of the things that separate humans
from animals is that they make art. If cave people could make art, why not
engineers? After all, as my husband, the engineer points out, he designs things

for a living.
The metal sculpture is very attractive as Jacquie points out. However, I
find the creation of the Engineering department that Jean describes even more
fascinating from a conceptual standpoint since it is actually a work that
explores the nature of art. It would benefit from an artists' statement  though.
"Members of an engineering department apply paint randomly to a board in an
ironic commentary on contemporary art" perhaps.
Devon