Hmm, well I can't say that I think that doing away with royals will solve any
problem with class systems completely.  There's always the monkeys at the top.
However, I was appalled at the blatant prejudice last time I was in England.
We happened to be sitting behind the "Commander" of The Met (London's
policeforce) at a police demo.  This "gentleman"  made a comment that "the
force has never been the same since they started letting the officers come up
through the ranks".  I couldn't believe it.
Another example which is spread worldwide and more sinister.  How many British
movies have you been to where the "bad guys" always have a "lower class"
accent?  Even the Harry Potter movies were guilty (listen to the Slytherin
quidditch captain)..and they were made by Americans.  Guess I'm a bit of a
"pie in the sky" type and think everyone should be equal..but there's always
someone more equal eh?  Sharon on sunny Vancouver Island
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.