Here are a couple of sites about Hitchin, North Herts, UK:

http://www.e-hitchin.co.uk/ is the top-level site, and

http://www.hitchin-circuit.co.uk/Hitchin-Images.html has loads of pictures.

It's a nice small market town, and I like living here.  I was born and
brought up in Edinburgh, and you can find plenty of info about that lovely
place, but Hitchin doesn't get so much publicity <G>.

BTW, David C, there is a place in Hitchin (the Hitchin British Schools)
which has photos on display of Ballarat in the 1800s.

BFN,
Margery.