Hi Alice,

Yes - I realise the difficulties of you in America and Australia, New
Zealand and Canada, which is why I did emphasise just how lucky we in the UK
are!   The distances you travel are prodigious - some of my lacey friends
here don't really want to travel more than 25 miles to go to a Lace Day in
the next (or next-but-one) county, but I'm sure if we had the difficulties
you had, they'd be chomping at the bit to travel for hours to see other
lacemakers and suppliers.

But - here in the UK the Lace Guild advice does seem to work!   For one
hundred lacemakers, I'd ideally want one general supplier, one well-known
bobbin maker (preferably one who can also supply beads, like Jennrich!) one
'small' bobbin-maker, possibly very local to the Lace Day venue, and 'one
other' selling something quite different - rubber stamps, lace and bobbin
bags, antique gear etc.   And if I then think of someone who takes up little
space but whose wares I have a distinct penchant for - such as Malcolm
Fowler's glass bobbins - then I squeeze him in too.    Its all a bit
hit-and-miss, but so far - and touch wood! - seems to have worked reasonably
well.    The end pages of the Lace Guild newsletter is ideal for giving
ideas for suppliers - and they also give good advice on speakers and
Insurance, so we are very, very lucky here.   And I am sure we all realise
just how fortunate we are, when we see so many suppliers at Suppliers Fairs
and events.

Carol

-----
Subject: [lace] Lace Day suppliers