Jean,

Your message made me grin!   You sound as if you have joined the
technological age as reluctantly as my husband and I have!

Several years ago, when I was the Chairman of the Lacemakers' Circle, my
husband bought me a mobile phone so that, on my jauntings round the country
I could contact him if I was in any bother.  Realising at the same time that
if he was out, I couldn't contact him, he bought himself a phone too.   All
well and good.

But - we now recieve untold grief from our children and grandchildren, as
our phones are never switched on to receive other people's messages!    We
both tend to have them with us at all times, but only ever use them to ring
when we have any bother!   And on the only time my car broke down and I
needed to contact Himself and the breakdown people, there was no juice in
the battery, as it had been used so infrequently, and I had to hurl myself
into the road in front of another driver to see if he had a phone I could
use!

I keep saying that I will learn how to use the text messaging and voice mail
widgets, but as I have managed so far without all this techno-babble, I keep
putting off the evil day ...

All best wishes,

Carol - in Suffolk, where it is a bit chilly and decidedly grey, although
not raining - yet!

Subject: [lace-chat] Tamara's mobile phone