I've just looked at the Vodafone tarifs again. The cost is 30p per minute
during the day and 5p evening weekends basically within the UK. It can be
used all over the world (didn't check on the tariffs for the "brick" because
I wouldn't take that anyway), and the most expensive is when used in the USA
and Canada at a whopping GBP1.49 per minute both within and for calls going
out of those countries! The instruction boklet does say to make sure you
have plenty of call time on the phone before you go and register your credit
card with them to buy more call time when abroad.

As for Carol saying I've reluctantly joined the technological age, she's
right. I have no problem at all with computers and what they can throw at
you, but after 6 months of owning it, I've finally found out how to turn the
alarm off on the phone (but don't know how it got set in the first place),
and how to switch the silent mode on and off.

Did you know the darned thing's alarm goes off even when it's switched off?
There was I frantically switching the phone on to switch the alarm off at
midnight! Why didn't DH do it? He understands even less about it that I do.

Jean in Poole