Tamara wrote:

<I'm sure something similiar (though, probably, under another name) is
available in the UK as well - look in places like Boots, in the same
area as other "particular" cleaning supplies (around silver polish and
such)>

You won't find things like that in Boots (at least not in the big store in Poole or through their web site). They cut back on a lot of what they used to sell a few years back. They no longer have cookware, kitchen or household sections. Supermarkets don't sell this kind of thing because they can't sell in volume - I'm surprised they still sell silver polish. The few remaining small ironmongers (hardware stores) might sell something suitable - we have a brilliant one in Poole which has the wooden drawers along the walls reaching to the ceiling, just like in the 'Two Ronnies' sketch 'Fork handles/four candles'.

I use the orange-scented 'Sticky-stuff remover' available from suppliers like Kleeneze, Bettaware or Lakeland.

Jean in Poole