On Friday, April 29, 2005, at 02:44  PM, Janice Blair wrote:

I know that we cannot lock a case in the US but is it still possible to lock your cases when returning from Europe?

A few weeks ago there was quite a long thread going about this on http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186338-i17-London_England.html

It seems that all (?) European countries (at least the UK for sure) and Canada want you to lock your suitcases. The US seems to be the only country that wants them unlocked.

By the way, the tripadvisor.com web site is great. There are chat forums for practically every place in the world where you can ask questions and get them answered. And the hotel part of the site has reviews of hotels/resorts written by people who've stayed in them and reviews copied from various guide books. Take a look.

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot/seaspray/SeasprayLaceGuild.html